The Planning Division also provides technical support to the Planning Board, a five-member appointed board, including review of subdivisions, site plans and lot line adjustments. View the current Planning Board membership. The Planning Board is responsible for approval of all subdivisions and site plans throughout the Town as well as certain environmental permits
The Planning Board may also have an advisory role in connection with some applications before the Town Board (special use permits and zoning amendments).
Planning Board meetings are held on the first and third Tuesdays of each month, except as noted, beginning at 7 p.m. Meetings are held at the New Castle Town Hall Assembly Room.
Guidelines & Requirements
- Prior to submitting an application to the Planning Board for review and approval, all prospective applicants must attend a Pre-Application Meeting. These meetings are intended as a consultation that will assist the applicant and improve the efficiency of the application review process. No application to the Planning Board will be considered without attending this meeting.
- Prospective applicants should contact the Planning Board Secretary to make an appointment. Please also see Guidelines to Planning Board Applicants (PDF) for more information about Pre-Application meetings.
- At the time of submission, all required application materials shall be submitted. Piecemeal submissions shall not be accepted. Substitution of previously submitted materials shall not be permitted.
- All submissions shall be dated, with revision dates identified on new submissions.
- All submissions shall be accompanied by a cover letter describing the project and/or any changes as compared to previous submissions.
- For distribution purposes and mailing to the Planning Board members and others (as required), multiple copies of application materials shall be collated into separate sets, each containing one copy of every submitted document.
- For purposes of completing the application forms, all responses provided shall be printed, except as otherwise specific.