Distracted Driver Diversion Course
The Distracted Driver Diversion Course was developed to help lower crashes caused by people using cell phones and electronic devices while driving. The course is an impactful presentation that can change attitudes and cause drivers to make a decision to stop using electronic devices while driving. In fact, attendees often become advocates who encourage their family, friends, and coworkers not to use electronic devices while driving.
Who the Course is For
The course is offered to persons who have been ticketed in the Town of New Castle for a distracted driving offense. While no promises or commitments are being extended, completion of this one-hour course prior to your pre-trial conference date will be given favorable consideration in determining whether, and to what extent, any plea bargain may be offered to you.
Bring a Friend
Each paid registrant will be permitted to bring one family member or friend to the presentation. The Distracted Driving Diversion Course is effective at changing driving behavior. Bringing a loved one with you to the course will help them be a safer driver. Guests will not be provided with a certificate of attendance.
Proof of Attendance
At the end of this one-hour course, your receipt will be stamped to verify your attendance. You will present this validated receipt to the prosecutor at your upcoming pre-trial conference. Knowing that you have taken this important step against distracted driving may be looked on favorably in reaching a plea agreement which could result in a lower fine and fewer points on your driver's license.
- Cost: $30 in advance (at least 24 hours before the start of course)/$40 at the door. Be sure to bring your paid receipt with you to the course.
- Location: Directions
Chappaqua Performing Arts Center
480 Bedford Road
- In-Person Payment: Cash only payments accepted between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday through Friday at the New Castle Police Department located at:
200 South Greeley Avenue
- For registration questions, please call 914-238-7292.
- Online Registration: Go to the Community Pass website. You will need to register with Community Pass to complete the online payment.
- The July 7th course has been canceled